Friday, June 19, 2015

Accidental Photoshop Practice

Right now there is a cat sleeping under my desk. Every time I stretch out my foot I kick something warm and furry and, occasionally, moist.

Last week at the beach I took some photos. That is a slight understatement. I took a lot of photos. But a good deal of them did not turn out, and a good deal of those were on a card that was tragically wiped accidentally at the last minute.

A happier accident is that some of the beach photos survived. Much to my surprise, I shot them in raw, a format which I should be using but (#storyofmylife) I am afraid to do much with. While mourning the loss of my other, safe, jpeg photos I came across these and decided to make them look nice in Photoshop (which I also barely know how to use) and post them on the internet. As you can see, my coloring still needs some work.

I played around with framing a lot last week. I'm trying to move beyond my amateur point-and-shoot mindset to find tighter, sharper, and more interesting angles. As you go through them, though, you can see patterns where I tried the same idea over and over again. The following pictures aren't my most confident work. More like a sample of my work-in-progress.







"Stop! Don't move! Let me take your picture!"

3 comments:

  1. SUMMER BEACHES! I love summer time and sand. And these looked like fun pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came here from the CollegePlus forums. (Actually from the Harry Potter link - I just started reading HP and LOVE. IT. so it's good to know that there are other young Christian people out there who are giving this series a chance!) Love your blog! I'm a writer, too. : )

    -Ashley-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying to improve my photography as well and I understand the struggle with colors. My camera is something like a point and shoot but it has so many different settings I'm not sure I'll ever be able to figure them all out. I even got a book to help me. It's so much to learn though, but a lot of fun at the same time.

    I like how your pictures came out. The colors are vibrant!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...